MEDICATION AT SCHOOL
We are happy to hold prescribed medication in school, but it must be bought into school by an adult, and accompanied by a completed medical consent form.
All medication must be prescribed by the practitioner – the School cannot administer over the counter medicine, any medication that does not have a printed pharmacy label on it or any out of date medication. All prescribed medicines are kept locked in the main office.
All medication received by the School must be in the original container/packaging that it was dispensed in, with the following information clearly labelled.
- Name of child
- Name of medication and its strength
- Quantity and volume supplied
- Dosage and frequency
- Clear direction for administration and route e.g., oral or topical etc
- Date that the medication was dispensed and its expiry date
- Contact telephone number of the dispensing pharmacy
Medication will be administrated by 2 staff members. One to administer the medicine and the other to witness.