Higher Level Teaching Assistant
About Magdalen Court School
Magdalen Court School provides education for up to 80 pupils with special educational needs. The focus for the school is to support pupils with high levels of anxiety and specific learning difficulties including autism.
Magdalen Court School strives to create an environment where each pupil’s individual strengths, talents and aptitudes are nurtured and developed. It is an inclusive school which works to provide a first-class education that encourages pupils to think independently and to develop their full intellectual, creative and physical potential. Its success is the result of the recognition of the unique worth and importance of each child.
By knowing every pupil socially, emotionally and academically, Magdalen Court School can be sure that each pupil will flourish and acquire the confidence and self-belief to achieve a fulfilling and successful future and to become confident, accomplished and ambitious young adults.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week 36.6 Weeks per Year
Contract type: Permanent
The HLTA will through supportive and encouraging learning relationships and interventions, establish effective mentoring with the pupils who specifically have SEMH provision.
- To work in partnership with Teachers and Therapists to support the learning of a child with an Education, Health Care and Plan (EHCP), and as appropriate in line with National Curriculum, SEN code of practice and school policies and procedures.
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement including Outdoor Education.
- Tutor English and Maths and other subjects to those pupils unable to manage in the classrooms.
- Assist the class teacher to support the identification of specific difficulties and associated risks that prevent individuals from engaging in education and reaching their full potential.
- Develop additional and alternative creative interventions and learning activities that support progression achievement, build self esteem and encourage learning and social participation.
- As directed by the class teacher deliver lead and deliver interventions and learning activities. Implement agreed approaches and relational support plans in a consistent, fair and unbiased manner.
- Contribute to the positive emotional health and wellbeing of all pupils. Build positive relationships with pupils, parents/carers and external agencies modelling good practise.
- Monitor effectiveness and accurately record progress and achievements in areas of behaviour, engagement, wellbeing and learning. Complete any associated paperwork and reports as required
Please refer to the Job Description for more details.
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice, which is attached with this pack, before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
Interested applicants may email email@example.com and to discuss the role further and/ or arrange a visit.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form which accompanies this advert and can also be found on our school website www.magdalencourt.org
When completing application forms, applicants are advised that submitting an incorrect or insufficiently completed application form will result in non-selection for an interview. Particular attention should be made to supplying a full career history since secondary education and referees meeting the required criteria
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 16th of June 2023 at 9am
Please note: CVs will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.